"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
"1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you."
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."
I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable,
I reserve my right to be afraid.
I make mistakes and I am humble,
every step of the way.
I want to be a better person,
I want to know the master plan.
Cast your stones,
Cast your judgement,
You don’t make me who I am.
"My father had taught me to be nice first, because you can always be mean later, but once you’ve been mean to someone, they won’t believe the nice anymore. So be nice, be nice, until it’s time to stop being nice, then destroy them."
"I will love you if I never see you again, and I will love you if I see you every Tuesday."
"I dream you. You are my only desire. When you looked into my eyes for the first time you captured my heart and now it belongs to you. Now I strongly believe that if two people are intended to find each other, the universe will always find a way of connecting them and it happened. You are my beloved soul mate and we were paired up in heaven. I long for you. I can travel endlessly just to hold you in my arms and cherish your closeness. I can sit next to my phone all day just to hear your voice. I can’t get you the stars and the moon but I can sit with you and watch the night sky. I know that I am not the most beautiful girl in the world but I love you beautifully. I cannot promise to be perfect and flawless but I promise you that if I have given you my heart it will stay with you forever. Maybe I am not capable of solving your problems at times but I will be always holding your hand through good and bad times in our life.You are all that I want.. You are all that my heart and soul ever desired."